Wednesday 2 March 2016

Favourite New (to me) Beer - February 2016

February has come and gone. Another great month with plenty of truly exceptional beers to enjoy. There were however, three new beers that I was lucky enough to enjoy that stood out for me (all Aussies this month too).

Favourite new beer for the month though, was the Keller Door IIPA from 4 Pines Brewing Company.


https://www.instagram.com/p/BB4cF5HwtEx/

That's some wicked artwork on the bottle, but the contents of said bottle deserved it. Big bitter and hop flavours with a balanced malt backbone and tons of citrus and tropical fruits. I'm a fan of the Keller Door series of beers from 4 Pines but this is by far my favourite of the range. Hopefully we get to see this again next year. Please???

Another thing I wanted to mention too, there is so much popularity around 4 Pines and their Keller Door beers. Their core range is great, but all these limited release beers they do really gets the social media beers nerds excited. I love it!

A couple of special mentions (which were both enjoyed at The Mill last week).


Mornington Peninsula Brewery - The Beast. I might have gone into the Beast with the preconceived notion that I was going to enjoy it as the regular RIS from MP is great, so it's no surprise to see it in this blog post. The Beast has everything the regular RIS has but turned up to 11.


Boatrocker Brewing Company - Braeside Crown Cola. Probably the biggest surprise beer this month. I was expecting something sickly sweet and not that enjoyable but that wasn't the case at all. Smooth, bit of booze, hints of coconut, lovely warming feeling. So good I went back for a couple more.

March is going to be awesome for the Brisbane craft beer scene as it's Brewsvegas time! Lots of great events coming up. If you see my ugly face out and about come say hello.

Thanks for reading, and as always, drink well.
-BeerFoodBrisbane

No comments:

Post a Comment