Tuesday 1 December 2015

Favourite New (to me) Beer - November 2015

Note: Ok, so far so good in making this a monthly thing. 

November has once again been a pretty big month for BeerFoodBrisbane, nowhere near as big as October but still pretty huge. In the beer department a lot of new beers were tasted, plus a few special one time only beers as well (I'm looking at your Beer Tragic). Feral s Tusk week also happened in November, and though I'd had Tusk before Feral also released War Hog, and American Style IPA that kicks ass and doesn't take any names.

With all that being said, my favourite first time beer for November was without a doubt Beer Geek Cocoa Shake from Mikkeller.



It's not very often that I come across a beer that knocks me over like this did, but it was amazing. It's an imperial stout brewed with chocolate, comes in at 12.12% and is so smooth and rich that it is like drinking a chocolate fondant cake. The flavours develop as the beer warms up (took me two hours to drink it). My only problem with it is I was thinking about it for days and days afterwards I had to go and buy more.

I really hope to find more of the beers from this series. I've had the Beer Geek Dessert before and that was pretty special. Fingers crossed more make it to Australia.

A couple of special mentions.

Feral Brewing's War Hog.



And Stone Brewing Co's 24 Carrot Golden Ale, which was way more interesting than I expected. Yum.



Decembers going to be an exciting month too, Bridge Road Beer Posse Advent Calendar just started, and a few events coming up (Newstead Brewing Co and The Mills 2nd Birthday). Oh and that Christmas thing is happening too.

Thanks for reading, and as always, drink well.
-BeerFoodBrisbane

No comments:

Post a Comment